2010 THE YEAR OF PERFECTION
Ten… The number of divine perfection. God gave us Ten Commandments. One tenth of our income is a tithe. There are ten “I AM’s” spoken by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in John.
- “I am the Bread of Life” (6:35).
- “I am the Bread of Life which came down from heaven” (6:41).
- “I am the Living Bread” (6:51).
- “I am the Light of the world” (8:12).
- “I am One that bear witness of Myself” (8:18).
- “I am the Door of the sheep” (10:7,9).
- “I am the Good Shepherd” (10:14).
- “I am the Resurrection and the Life” (14:6).
- “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life” (14:6).
- “I am the True Vine” (15:1,5).
The Lord’s Prayer
The Lord’s prayer is completed in ten clauses. *
* These clauses have the significance of their respective numbers:—
The first, God’s sovereignty.
The second, Jehovah’s manifested Name.
The third, the realization of God’s kingdom.
The fourth first mentions the earth.
The fifth, the gift of grace supplying our need.
The sixth treats of man’s sin.
The seventh pleads for spiritual guidance.
The eighth pleads for final deliverance from all evil.
The ninth sums up the divine glory, while
The tenth completes the eternal cycles.
The number ten implies that nothing is wanting or lacking. This is a new year and a new start. God has allowed each of us a brand new lease on life, and He has showered us with His grace and mercy to make it through the rough patches of our existence here on earth.
Now that He has granted these things unto us, what are we going to do with them? Are we going to continue to sit on the stool of sorrow, the couch of complacency, the mountain of misfortune, or the potty of pity?
I think not! We are going to heed the Clarion Call and spring into action! We are leaving all disappointments and disillusions behind in 2009 and WE WILL WIN IN 2010!
Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
- Posted in: Uncategorized